Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hayao Miyazaki and writer's/artist's block

Hello, Hello my beautiful amazing super-fantabulous readers!

So sorry for the late-ness of this post, but you see, I’ve been suffering from what all writers, artists, and creative people in general dread; a blockage. Not in my intestinal track, that goodness, but more of a cap on my creativity. I couldn’t think of what to tell you guys!!! I haven’t even drawn in a week!

So I must ask, what do YOU do when you’re experiencing an artist’s/writer’s block? How do you get out of it?

Now it’s come to my attention that in my poll, three people (or rather, everyone) voted for hearing about art in a blog. So this post is dedicated to the art of the only 50+ man I will ever claim to love (sorry George Clooney fans); Hayao Miyazaki.
The other day my best friend RedRobin and I were watching a marathon of his films, I own almost all of them with my collection as follows:
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl’s Moving Castle
Castle in the Sky
Naussica of the Valley of the Wind.
My Neighbor Totoro
And FOR NOW those are the only ones I own. I love them all dearly, and I have a new found love every time I re-watch them. My personal favorite is Castle in the Sky!

If you’ve ever seen Mr. Miyazaki’s films, which do you prefer?





2 comments: