Sunday, July 4, 2010

Movies-that-are-suppose-to-be-awesome-and-then-kill-your-expectations-with-a-mace

Hello Bloggity! I'd like to discuss and warn you about something; Avatar the last Airbender was horrible. Don't see it; rent it later to laugh at it, but do NOT support this film.

It was....just.....horrid. I'm not too happy with the casting, but even THAT aside, they took out key characters and rushed through the Water Book waaaay too fast. They skipped whole parts and added useless ones in between. And the bending sometimes looked too cheesey.

Oh and especially don't see it in 3-D, it wasn't very 3-D at all, honestly. (then again i dislike 3-D anyway xP)

And NOW is when I complain about casting. In my mind, all the races were asian; since their traditions, surroundings, and such suited that culture. I classified them as such:
Fire Nation- Japanese
Earth Kingdom- Chinese
Water Tribes-Inuit
Air Nomads- Tibetian
I know I'm not the mastermind behind Avatar, but if you read between the lines of the original series, you can see where i'm coming from, right?
The only asian race they had were some scattered Earth benders, and all of the Fire Nation was Indian. ARGGGGHHHHHH *tears out hairs*

So now that I'm done complaining, What do you think was the worst movie let-down in your life?
And what was the worst sequel to a movie you loved?
With Love and Frustration,
ARK

No comments:

Post a Comment