Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inspirational things, people, and times

An entry or two before this one, I mentioned art/writers block and i thought i would share with
my viewers what inspires me out of my funks.

Firstly, I'd like to share a quite recent obsession with the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels.
I've only read the first volume and half of the second, but i just love the style and characters.
I also kinda want to be Ramona Flowers when I grow up. Which is an indirect way of saying I want to dye my hair a crazy color (If you're reading this Mom, it’s a hint). And before you ask, I started reading the graphic novels BEFORE the movie ads came out....I just was reminded of it by Michael Cera's adorable face.

(thank you, anonymous photoshopper. This made my day)
Another thing I’ve been doing is reading. Of course I've been reading a whole bunch of things, but the other day I picked up a trusty poetry book i once bought with my friend Jessica (whose blog is here); Monologue of a Dog which is a poetry collection of Wislawa Szymborska. She's a Polish Nobel-Prize winner and one of my favorite poets.
(Mostly because i don't read much poetry; It either her, or The Drunken Boat)
Her simplistic writing cuts to the chase without using ten adjectives I’ve never heard of in one sentence. And that, in itself, is gold. It got me wanting to write again; hence the updates here on my bloggity-dearest.

Then there are the little things that inspire me to work harder; like other artists online that I'm secretly devout to, through their Deviantart pages or even their webcomics. Only a few examples would be In Your Head, Dango Sunshine, Hell Kitchen, and I'm going to stop while I’m ahead.

It never ceases to amaze me how much talent there is online (Of course there's also the non-talented that are popular for some odd reason, but I won't get into that). So many people trying and, hopefully, succeeding to live off their craft; whether it’s as a comic book artist or as a photographer.

Some other links I’d like to feature are of blogs I enjoy and check up on regularly; Tinytoadstool, Stylerookie, TheSeaofFertility, MusiciansintheDark, DaysGoBy, etc. etc. etc. ETC.

That’s all for today, folks! Hope my inspirations could inspire you as well
With Love and eyes glimmering with hope for the world,
ARK



No comments:

Post a Comment