Sunday, August 8, 2010

Children continued

This morning, at 12:45 (just about I think), my nephew was born.
My step sister just gave birth. I contacted people immediately and was so shocked by the fact this morning; my boyfriend jokingly congratulated me on realizing the miracle of life but quite frankly he was right.
I just couldn't believe little Ariel was well...a person. A living, breathing thing. One of the most beautiful living, breathing things I’ve seen for a while. So later on today, after some sleep I got to meet him. They were still in the hospital obviously, and he was asleep for most of the time so we didn't formally meet and I haven't held him yet; but he was just so...amazing. His very existence seemed to awaken some slumbering knowledge in the back of my brain; and answer to an old question arose and though it felt kind of silly, it was true.

So THAT'S how babies are made.

Now I know what you're expecting. For me to say, I've changed my mind about having kids now! But that, my dear, dear, imaginary readers, would be a damned lie.

With love and awe,
ARK

No comments:

Post a Comment