Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wishes of Lemonade, Time and Background Music

Hello Bloggity! After putting up so many FEMININE posts about EMOTION *caps words said in a nasally voice*, I've decided to give you a testosterone-filled post in the shaped on a body-builder! In other words, another inspiration post. LET'S GIT ER DONE



I just recently finished one of my new all-time favorite anime’s, Eureka 7. The story was creative (although admittedly a bit fantastical and confusing at some points), the character well-rounded and likeable and its also one of the few anime's I’ve watched to have a good balance of romance and action.


Although I know my mom would say they talk too much. She's more of a Sayuki Reload/Samurai 7 fan.


The style is very unique and the animation doesn't lag behind on certain episodes like a lot of mainstream shows do (Naruto ring a bell?). It's inspired me to start drawing again, and experiment a little (as if having 5 styles being thrown around wasn't experimental enough).



Plus it was fun to watch. Giant robots, anyone?



Another thing that I've been doing is reviewing the Fall 2010 Ready to Wear collections of some of my favorite designers. Here are some of the highlights;



First things first; Betsey Johnson. A woman after my own heart; my favorite designer since age 7. The lady who makes fashion shows FUN.

















Betsey mustache? Verily.


Next thing that caught my eye was Chanel. I mean, its Chanel. Enough said.


















But actually, not enough said. I feel almost guilty liking some of these pieces when some looked like the life’s work of a professional hunter. Either that, or wookie is finally in. My time to shine.



There are a whole bunch of other collections I liked, but these were the first to come to mind, so please make due with these. One last thing I wished to mention.

Don't eat a jellyfish sandwich.
I'm too hyper to be posting this; and yeah, the title makes no sense.
With love,
ARK










No comments:

Post a Comment