Friday, August 13, 2010

Keep wishing, keep doing

Hello, Blog!
A quick update, seeing as I've been spending time with my beautiful cousin Natasha for the past two days. I've just recently moved, and wanted to talk a bit about that.
Moving is strange, emotionally.
We moved three months ago into another apartment from our old apartment, and quite frankly at first during that move all I felt was sadness; I hadn't moved in years. But then as I grew used to the factor of a temporary home, I took on a mindset of future hope and a liking of the house sort of like a long-term vacation home. That didn't last long; soon it felt permanent. And, of course as the world works in mysterious ways, as soon as that feeling crawled under my skin; we were moving again.
But to be honest, this move took a LONG TIME. It kept getting post-poned and post-poned etc. etc. All for valid reasons (sort of) but it left with an empty, drifting feeling, to have my stay pro-longed in a house I had already detached myself from. It felt sort of...lonely.
The feeling I got when we were first moved into the new place was relief. Relief beyond measure. But the morning after, I was kind of scared. I felt as though the house was still the owner's; that I was simply a lodger left to live alone.

I really didn't expect it to be so hard to adjust to this place, but now that I have, I know its home.

And that, my dear readers, is all that matters to me
ARK

2 comments:

  1. its better to pray than to wish

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not what the title meant.
    'Keep wishing, keep doing' reffers to my emotions mostly, so wishing is more a figure of determination; doing is reassurance.
    Funny how it says Anonymous and yet I can tell it's you, RR :)

    ReplyDelete